We’ve been working our butts off on Ludum Dare this weekend again. It’s quite fun, of course and I’m very happy with our progress so far. I think we’re farther along than we realize and I’m pretty excited about what we can do this time. There is an update here: http://ludumdare.com/compo/2015/08/22/deedly-boppers-are-best/ that Jodi posted. Hopefully I’ll be streaming some tomorrow because why not? There’s something about making games that makes me want to share everything I do with the world sometimes. I guess I should go to bed now.
Today we had another workday and I managed to get a good bit done today on the project we are trying to get done for football season (we don’t want to reveal too much yet). Even got the chance to add in a couple of “nice to have” features. I don’t have a lot to report, other than the fact that I failed numerous times today to take into account things that start at 0 instead of 1 (I’m looking at you, instance_find() function in GML). That’s just bad programming on my part. But I did get a lot done and I’m liking this project as it’s beginning to shape up. Micha also did some work on Soul Shepherds (really, it’s actually coming soon!), but I’ll let him post on that if he chooses to.
I just thought I’d put up a real post, so we’d have something here.
Micha and I just finished up an afternoon of work at B&N. He has been working on getting Soul Shepherds ready for Ouya release and cleaning up a lot of the bad code and trash left in there from our working too quickly before. You know, doing that last 10% of game development that is so frustrating to complete (because there’s just so little payoff). I, on the other hand, was working on the more fun part of putting together a rough prototype for another game we’re trying to get together (hopefully before football season starts). I believe I reached the point today where the group has to make decisions and start actually “designing” the game, but at least we know it’s doable and have a good base to start with. I actually tried to follow good practices and kept things organized, so that should help a lot. Games that have regular “ticks” make that much easier, I’ve discovered. Hopefully we won’t have to refactor this one much at all to build on it.
And now I’m off to do my “real” work.